Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Fitness Journey Introduction!


My Fitness Journey: Steps to the Stage

Keywords: fitness, nutrition, healthy, lifestyle, fitness competition, bikini 

My name is Kayla Zumbach. I’m a junior at Iowa State University and I’m a fitness freak! I have always been an athlete and have kept myself in pretty good shape. It wasn’t until college, though, that I started getting serious about nutrition and working out. 

In March of 2013 I decided I wanted to become a fitness bikini competitor. I hired a trainer, cracked down on my diet, and got really serious about my weight training. I had planned on competing in a show on June 1, 2013.

Everything was going great until I ran into some issues with my metabolism. My cardio had been too monotonous and excessive, which caused my body to store all the fat it consumed. I could no longer drop fat.

I took some time off at the beginning of the summer to allow my metabolism to rebuild. My body is finally ready to start prepping for competition again! I plan to start competing in April of 2014. I probably won’t use a trainer or coach until closer to show time.

Please join me in fitness journey! In the weeks to come, I will be posting my goals and progress reports along with workouts, healthy recipes, and fitness facts!

Week 1 goals:

This week my goal is to complete my full workouts every day. With classes just starting up, it’s really easy to make excuses on why I should shorten or skip a workout. This week I will complete all of my workouts to their entirety!

Recipe of the week:

Breakfast is very important, never skip it! This week I’m going to share one of my favorite healthy breakfasts: Ezekiel French Toast, inspired by The Body Fuel System.

 Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tablespoons egg whites
  • 3 Tablespoons almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Ezekiel bread 



Directions:
  1. Beat egg, egg whites and almond milk together.
  2. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
  3. Soak Ezekiel bread pieces in the mixture for a few minutes.
  4. Cook evenly on each side on a sprayed skillet. I like to spray my skillet with Olive Oil cooking spray!
  5. Serve and enjoy! :) I like to eat mine with all natural honey and fresh berries on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment