Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chest and Back Workout

Keywords: chest, back, workout, fitness, healthy, healthy recipes, goals, power set
This week I want to share some of my favorite workouts. I’ve really been focusing on strengthening my back and chest. For the last three weeks I have been doing chest and back on Mondays and Fridays.
A few of my favorite chest and back workouts include power rows with dumbbells, assisted pull-ups, and a power set of incline chest press and incline chest fly.

I like to mix my workouts up each week so my body doesn't become accustomed to them. I also don’t want to get bored with my workouts. An example of a chest and back workout I would do is:

Assisted pull-ups – 3 sets of 12

Power set:
  • Incline chest press – 20 pounds x 15, 20x12, 20x8, 20x8
  • Incline dumbbell fly – 15 pounds x 10, 15x8, 15x8, 15x6
Power set:
  • Lat pull-downs – 4 sets of 12
  • Machine w-rows – 90 pounds 4x15
Power set:
  • Dumbbell power rows – 30 pound dumbbells, 4x10 each arm
  • Bench press – bar x 20, 5 pounds on each side 3x12
Assisted pull-ups – 2 sets of 12, one set to failure

A set to failure is when you do the exercise until you physically can’t do it anymore.
A power set means you do two workouts consecutively. For example, I would do a set of incline chest presses immediately followed by a set of incline dumbbell flies. That counts as “one power set.” I would then repeat with a set of chest presses followed by a set of flies until I was done with that exercise. Then I move on to the next power set.
Week 3 goals:
This week my goal is to continue with cardio and full workouts. I can already see my body making progress. I just need to keep it up!
Recipe of the week:
Egg whites are a lifesaver when it comes to eating healthy! I could eat egg whites for every meal. You’re probably thinking egg whites are not very flavorful, but there are so many ways to spice them up so I never get bored! You can eat them plain, with spinach, hot sauce, cherry tomatoes, or mozzarella cheese. The list goes on and on. My favorite egg white concoction just needs a few things.


Ingredients:
    
  • egg whites
  • baby spinach
  • cherry tomatoes
  • chopped onion
  • veggie or mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Spray skillet with Olive Oil cooking spray.
  2. Pour egg whites into skillet.
  3. Add in the chopped spinach, onions and tomatoes.
  4. Sprinkle in a little cheese.
  5. Mix it all up, and enjoy your scrambled egg whites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment