Sunday, November 10, 2013

Booty Work!

Keywords: booty, glutes, squats, fitness, workouts, goals, progress, deadlifts, bikini 

Diamonds are a girl’s best friend? No. Squats are a girl’s best friend. Ladies, make your booty your best asset! :)

Training your glutes includes a lot more than just squats. Yes, squats are a great booty builder; however, it is important to mix in multiple different lifts to really round out those glutes.

One of my main goals right now is to grow and round out my booty. A good set of glutes is very important when it comes to competition judging! This process takes a lot of patience, but thankfully I've been seeing some good progress.

Kick-downs on the pull-up machine
Here’s a look at what one of my glute days would look like. I like to train hard on lower body days, so this workout is a bit intense.

  • Barbell Glute Bridges: 4x12
  • Barbell Squats: 4x12
  • Sumo Squats with dumbbell: 4x15
  • Barbell Deadlifts: 4x15
  • Walking Lunges: 4x15 each leg
  • Cable Kick-Backs: 4x15 each leg
  • Kick-Downs on the pull-up machine: 4x15 each leg
  • Heavy Leg Press: 4x12

Step it up a notch by adding jump squats between reps. I do 20 jump squats between each set of cable kick-backs, push-downs and glute bridges when I really want to get my sweat on. If you can walk correctly after this workout, you didn’t do it right.

No ifs, ands or buts. Get to the gym and work for your dream butt!

If you have any questions about the lifts above, please leave a comment below. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment